WebcalTHE PERL SCRIPTS ARE NO LONGER BEEING SUPPORTED - PLEASE GO TO TETRABB.COM FOR THE NEWEST VERSION OF THE WEBBBS FORUM
WebCal is a free web calendar script. WebCal allows you to create and maintain an interactive events calendar or scheduling system on your Web site. The script can create calendars for any desired month from 1601 to 2899 A.D.; events to be displayed are stored in an easily-maintained data file. The data file can include singular, weekly, monthly and annual events, and those events can be linked to outside URLs for additional information. Calendars can be viewed in several different table grid formats or as simple text listings.
Compressed Archive of WebCal for download: webcal_files.zip
* webcal.pl: The script which allows users to view your calendars.
* webcal.add.pl: The script which allows you to add new events to your calendar database.
* webcal.delete.pl: The script which allows you to delete entries from your calendar database. (The two admin functions are contained in separate scripts so that you may, if you like, easily allow users to add events to your calendar without also allowing them access to the delete functions.)
* webcal.config.pl: The file containing the configuration variables used by all of the above scripts.
* data.astro.txt, data.holidays.txt and data.jewish.txt: Example calendar databases, listing astronomical events (equinoxes, solstices, etc.), major US holidays and celebrations, and major Jewish holidays and celebrations, for the years 1995 through 2010.